Reform Stamford is a group of passionate Stamford residents in districts 1, 2, 4, 8, 12, 17, 18, and 19 who are running for Board of Reps to fix our city. We see an entrenched political system that upholds the status quo. This stagnation has resulted in residents feeling rightfully frustrated with our city government. The people of Stamford deserve real representation that doesn’t pander to party or special interests, but truly represents them. We will work hard to finally make Stamford a place where everyone has an equal seat at the table. This is hard to do alone, but as a coalition of residents and elected officials, we can achieve great things for our city. Please help us work together to reform Stamford and make it the city that works FOR YOU!
What we will do:
· Fight back against special treatment and tax breaks given to corporate special interests, such as big developers.
· Work for common sense city planning that considers the effects of development on traffic, the environment, our schools, and the community. This means saying no to projects which benefit developers but not the majority of city residents.
· Push back on property tax increases.
· Protect and better maintain our public spaces and parks.
· Work for quality public schools that parents are proud to send their children to.
· Create a city with more affordable housing.
· Fix our roads and make them safer.
· Support efforts to bring justice to the people of Stamford in the boatyard case.
· Fight to make Stamford a place where everyone has an equal seat at the table. This is hard to do alone, but as a coalition of residents and elected officials, we can win!
· Enforce zoning laws for the betterment of our neighborhoods.
· Make Stamford the city that works for US.